Wednesday, August 21, 2013

WTH Are They Thinking???

I am a firm believer that we find what we look for in life, so I strive to look for the positive in every situation.  I'm no Pollyanna, but I don't see the point in focusing on the negative.  Am I always successful?  Hell no!  Do I get mad?  Hell yes!  A couple of recent news stories have raised my hackles to the point that I just have to share.

A lady in Canada sent her neighbor this horrible letter.  In a nutshell, a woman cares for her autistic grandson during the summer and lets him spend time outside in her yard each day.  The child makes noises that are beyond his control.  Well, this annoys the neighbor, so she sends a letter suggesting that the grandmother "do the right thing and move or euthanize him."  I shit you not. She actually suggested that a CHILD be euthanized because he ANNOYED her.  She further suggests that "they should take whatever non retarded body parts he possesses" and donate them to science.  She signed the letter, "One pissed off mother!!!"

What. A. Vile. Cunt.  This chick's hand basket to Hell just got a racing stripe.  I wouldn't be surprised if this same bitch has a dog that she lets shit in everyone else's yard when she takes it for a walk.

Lady, why not take a minute to be thankful for the health and safety of your own children instead of sending a hateful letter that you are too cowardly to even sign your name to?  That energy you are spewing doesn't help the situation one bit.  You've devastated a family. If you feel better for it, then you are a pitiful excuse for a human being, much less a role model for your children.

A family in Colorado is dealing with their own neighborhood drama.  They installed a wheelchair ramp in front of their house for their daughter who has cerebral palsy.  A neighbor is threatening to sue to have the ramp removed because she says it adversely affects CURB APPEAL in the neighborhood.  Now if it was made from human bones and had puppy heads for finials, I could see her point, but that is not the case.

It is a concrete ramp with handrails to help a child with a disability.  What is your problem, lady?  I'd find living next to a self-centered, heartless bitch much less appealing than a fucking ramp. Wait until the neighbors complain about the traffic when you have to summon the jaws of life to get your head out of your ass!

What about common decency and empathy?  We should be a lot more concerned about these traits becoming extinct rather than some three-toed, tree dwelling rat in Indonesia. (I totally made that up, so don't get worried about the rat.)

Being empathetic can take conscious effort and practice.  For example.... If a person is driving in front of me, well below the speed limit, rather than ride his bumper and get my panties in a bunch over something I have absolutely no control over, I try to remember that everyone is fighting their own battle.  Perhaps he just lost his spouse and is on the way home from making funeral arrangements.  Who knows?  Maybe having to go slower than normal prevents me from being at that dangerous intersection when a car runs a red light. 

We would all do better to look at our fellow travelers in life with a degree of compassion and empathy.  In the blink of an eye, any one of us could be in their shoes.  Practice being thankful instead of critical. 

I'm stepping down from my soapbox now....














2 comments:

  1. I agree with you totally! I recently went through 17 months of brain cancer with my husband who subsequently died. I am not the same person or the same boss I used to be. DO NOT complain to me about menial things. I have honestly looked straight at a couple employees and just replied "REALLY???" I do not have time to hear about stupid stuff that will mean nothing in a day or two... life is too short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very sorry for your loss. No doubt you know all too well how silly it is to sweat the small stuff. Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete